fbpx

The Lounge

Find answers, ask questions, share tips, and connect with our community around the world.

• JON PLETT

at 7:21 am

Hey @KNGGRG fun adventure in building a setup.

I don’t want to add more confusion and decision paralysis, at the end of the day, just getting started is what’s important, are you considering anything other than Apollo interfaces?

At the risk of sounding like a Gearspace clown and opening myself up to much hate…There could be better options out there (blasphemy I know)

The strength of Apollo is their plugins. They’re great and you can make up for the rather lack-luster pre’s by taking advantage of the unison stage. But there are certainly other great options such as Antelope or Audient. (However not armed with the plethora of plugin options)

Obviously, a zillion hit records have been made on Apollo gear, so it’s hands down a good choice.
    All I’m saying is when I got started I thought UA was all there was and was glad some people took the time to introduce other options.

I’m very excited to get UAD plugins now that they’ve gone universal (We’ll see if this is going to mean a computer upgrade though 🤦‍♂️)